Hampshire School Library Service supports national and local initiatives by providing an advisory service to schools on all matters concerning library, literacy and resource-related issues.
We offer advice and practical support in the following areas:
- Curriculum support
- Literacy strategies, including information literacy and the promotion of reading
- Evaluation of the library to link with the school's priorities
- Library ICT advice and consultation
- Library development planning
- Post OFSTED support
- New Head's briefings
- Assessment of resource provision
- Planning and designing libraries
- Involvement with the recruitment of new library staff
- Initial support for new library staff
As well as individual support in school, we offer training days for many of the areas outlined above.