Hampshire Information Book Award
The Hampshire Information Book Award is being piloted in 2013.
The judges are Year 4 pupils, and the shortlist is made up of 5 books chosen for their potential both to stimulate discussion and to reinforce the value of information books in the digital age.
Aims of the award are:
- to promote the enjoyment of reading
- to develop pupils’ appreciation of information books
- to develop pupils’ critical abilities in assessing the creative work of printed text, using speaking and listening skills
- to celebrate the value of information books in an electronic age
- to develop skills enabling children to evaluate information sources
- to develop pupils' confidence in information retrieval
- Weather by P Arlon and T Gordon-Harris
- Animal Diaries: Spider by S Parker
- Lunchbox: the Story of Food by C Butterworth
- Get Cooking! edited by C Love
- Shelters and Habitats by S Green