Pennington circular walk 3
Distance: 3km \ 2.25 miles, 45 minutes
Condition: Mainly unsurfaced paths and gravel tracks, not suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Can be very muddy underfoot
Starting Point: Pennington Social Club, Lodge Road
The exact location of the medieval village of ‘Yaldhurst’, mentioned in the Domesday Book, is no longer known. However, the name is preserved by the farm house at Yaldhurst Farm which is a listed building.
Download Circular Walk 3 leaflet 166kb pdf
- Turn left out of car park and follow Lodge Road. Turn left into Bays Road and continue to the dead end.
- Follow the footpath on to Highfield Road and cross straight into Linden Way. Take care at this crossing as cars can approach around the bend in both directions. Follow Linden Way and turn right on to Beresford Road. Turn left at the end of Beresford Road on to Fullerton Road. Turn right on to Alexandra Road and at the bottom of the hill turn right into Pamplyn Close and follow to the dead end (straight ahead).
- Go along the footpath (slightly up hill) on to Kings Park Road. Turn left on to Park Road until reaching the footpath on the left. Follow the footpath to Alexander Road. Take care when crossing the road as cars approach from both directions.
- Pick up the footpath again and continue moving away from the houses. Follow the footpath keeping the fields on your left until you reach a ‘T’ junction with the farm on the right. Turn left at this point.
- Follow this to the next ‘T’ junction and again take a left turn to cross the small stream (there is a stile at this point).
- Now heading back towards the village, turn left at the next junction. Walking towards Yaldhurst Farm House, go through the narrow kissing gate and continue towards the wooden gate
- Turn right on to Yaldhurst Lane, recreation ground on the left. Turn left in to Lodge Road and continue back to the Sports and Social Club car park.