Ringwood circular walk 3
Distance: 2.25 km / 1.5 miles, 35 minutes
Condition: Generally good although some gravel paths can be a bit muddy, two quite steep paths on route.
Starting Point: Cornerways Medical Centre
The Thatched Cottage - ‘The Homestead’ is of early 18th century construction and is now protected as a Grade II Listed building. The Roads on the housing estate constructed in the 1960s, all take their names from distinguished sailors eg. Sir Francis Drake, Admiral Cunningham and Captain Cook.
Download Circular Walk 3 leaflet 368kb pdf
- Turn left out of Cornerways Surgery & follow pavement along Gorley Road. After passing Northfield Road, cross road. Just after Ross Road on the right, follow footpath to the right which takes you into Cowpitts Lane.
- On reaching the road turn right, take first track (footpath) on right & continue uphill passing cottages on right.
- The path forks just before reaching some stables; take left fork & continue ahead until reaching a T-junction with a well defined gravel track (bridleway). Turn right, then take second footpath on the left and continue to next path junction.
- At junction turn right then immediately left. On reaching track (footpath) turn right & continue downhill to Linford Road.
- Cross road & turn right following pavement; take next left into Chichester Road, continue ahead taking path between houses & into Anson Close.
- Turn right, take next right into Somerville Road & continue along pavement until emerging back into Gorley Road. Turn right back to Cornerways Surgery.