LifeSmart - Consumer education within the Citizenship Curriculum
Topics covered by LifeSmart pages
- Civil and Criminal Law
- Consumer rights and responsibilities
- Sources of help and advice for the younger consumer
- Personal finance
Are all covered in this lively resource for teaching essential consumer skills as part of the citizenship curriculum.
You will need Microsoft Powerpoint (ppt), Excel (xls), Word (docs) and Acrobat (pdf) to run the various resources.
Unit 1 - Civil and Criminal Law
- Civil and criminal courts
- Court actions
- The court structure
- The sources of law and development
Unit 1 - Resources
Unit 2 - Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
- What is meant by the term consumer?
- Consumer rights
- Supplier rights
- Voluntary codes of practice
- Media, advertising etc
Unit 2 - Resources
Unit 3 - Sources of help and advice for consumers
- The importance of making sensible choices
- Advice to students on how to make sensible consumer choices
- How to make a complaint when dissatisfied
Unit 3 - Resources
Unit 4 - Personal Finance
- Methods of payment for goods and services
- What is a loan shark?
Unit 4 - Resources