Andover Town Access Plan
The Andover Town Access Plan has been developed by Hampshire County Council jointly in partnership with Test Valley Borough Council and its aim is to improve access to facilities and services within the town.
The Plan puts forward a set of proposals and schemes which aim to:
- encourage greater use of more sustainable means of transport.
- improve personal safety, especially for pedestrians and cyclists.
- encourage healthier and more active lifestyles.
- reduce the severance caused by the inner ring road.
- encourage the development of a town wide network of cycle facilities.
- recognise and respond to the needs of those with limited or impaired mobility.
- identify proposals to be paid for by financial contributions from building developers, collected under the Transport Contributions Policy.
- develop measures to accommodate the plans developed for the Major Development Areas.
Local residents and key stakeholders were involved in the development of the Town Access Plan. They shared their views and concerns about about local transport issues at stakeholder consultation events and a public consultation event.
The information gathered has been used to develop the Town Access Plan which contains a full list of local improvements.
You can read, save , and print the Town Access Plan from the Test Valley Borough Council web pages:
We would like to thank all the residents, business and stakeholders that participated in developing the document. The Plan will be reviewed and updated periodically to take into account completed works and new priorities.