Eastleigh Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
The site is located opposite the superstores on Woodside Avenue.
From junction 13 of the M3 head east along the A335 (Leigh Road). At the crossroads with a hotel on the right, turn left into Woodside Avenue. Follow the road to the roundabout and go all the way around and then head back south and turn left into the site entrance.
Approaching from the town centre, head towards Chandlers Ford along Leigh Road. Turn right into Woodside Avenue at the crossroads with the pub on the right. Follow the road to the roundabout and go all the way around and then head back south and turn left into the site entrance.
Heading south from Boyatt Wood, pass B&Q store and go straight over the roundabout onto Woodside Avenue. Turn left into the site entrance.
Postcode: SO50 9ES
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January