Hedge End Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
- PLEASE NOTE - Hedge End HWRC opens at 9am on Sundays and Bank Holidays
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Approaching from junction 7 of the M27, continue along Charles Watts Way. At the second roundabout, take the second exit. At the traffic lights next to the garage turn left into Shamblehurst Lane South. Continue straight another roundabout, the site is on the right hand side.
Approaching from the east along the A334, pass Botleigh Grange Hotel towards the roundabout. Go straight over one roundabout to a second roundabout with traffic lights. Take the 4th exit from the roundabout into Shamblehurst Lane. Continue straight over another roundabout, the site is on the right hand side.
Postcode: SO30 2AD
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
1 April to 30 September:
Mon - Sat: 8am-7pm
Sunday and bank holidays: 9am - 7pm
1 October to 28 (29) February:
Mon - Sat: 8am-4pm
Sunday and bank holidays: 9am - 4pm
1 March to 31 March:
Mon - Sat: 8am-5pm
Sunday and bank holidays: 9am - 5pm
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January