New Alresford Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 01962 735961
Approaching from the south along Jacklyn’s Lane, cross the bridge over the A31 and turn left into New Farm Road. Continue for approx. a quarter of a mile before turning right into Prospect Road near the industrial units.
Approaching from the north, continue through Alresford onto Winchester Road. Turn right into New Farm Road and cross over the old railway bridge. Continue for approx. half a mile and near the industrial units turn left into Prospect Road.
Approaching off the A31, take the second right off the roundabout into Alresford Road. Head into Alresford underneath the railway arch and take the first right into New Farm Road. Cross over the railway bridge and continue for approx. half a mile and near the industrial units turn left into Prospect Road.
Postcode: SO24 9QF
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January