Segensworth Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Barnes Wallis Road
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Approaching from Junction 9 of the M27 along the A27, take the first exit off the roundabout into the industrial estate. Take the second exit off a smaller roundabout and continue for approx. three quarters of a mile and the site is signposted on the left.
Approaching from the south along the A27, take the fourth exit off the roundabout by the Holiday Inn hotel into Cartwright Drive. Continue to the roundabout and take the second exit onto Barnes Wallis Road. The site is signposted on the right hand side.
Postcode: PO15 5TS
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Hazardous household waste eg. pesticides, white spirit, varnish and antifreeze
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Hazardous household waste - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January